Down the Steps

I was walking through the forest as I came across a small cabin. Little did I know the cabin had a lot of secrets to hide… The door groaned open slowly giving me an uneasy sensation. I walked down the stairs and I caught my auditory senses snapping at my ears as I heard a peculiar sound. That very sound was so loud it sent shivers down my spine. “WHAT IS THAT HORRIBLE SMELL?” UGH!! I said, I could smell mold coming from the stairs as if someone or something had been here before. I quickly noticed the walls were closing in on me. I struggled to make my way through the walls as they were closing in faster and faster, my claustrophobia got the better of me,  but luckily I made it. As I got closer to the sound it got louder and louder. I caught a glimpse of a shadow and red eyes glaring down at me as if it was prying at my soul. I turned around but the walls blocked all of my possible ways to escape. I looked back around again and the shadow was gone. I continued to make my way through the abandoned basement, I ran rapidly down the stairs. The figure screeched at me with a deafening tone. My ears struggled to maintain balance throughout the screech.

• Our challenge was to co construct a text using the olfactory, auditory, gustatorial, visual and kinethetic senses to describe the story behind the shoes in this image. This time we were able to speak and sat facing our partners. 
  • Once we had completed this part of the challenge we joined together with another group to share our writing and make sure what we had written made sense and had met the language feature challenge.
  • I found this activity great because of how we worked together